Home Remedies for Hormonal Acne
Acne is a very common skin condition that affects almost everyone at some time of their life. While acne is a much generalized term used to describe the warts, pimples and bumps that afflict our skin, there are different types of acne and each needs a different way to treat the condition. Hormonal acne is one such type of acne that is caused when there is a hormonal change or imbalance in the body. This type of acne is mostly seen in young men and women who hit puberty, women who are menstruating and pregnant women. This acne is caused when the body starts to undergo changes and there are changes in the hormones.
While hormonal acne can be treated using medication found at the drug store, these medications can have side effects and can cause damage to the skin. It is also very important that pregnant women avoid medication to treat hormonal acne as that can have a negative impact on their pregnancy and the foetus.
Hormonal acne can be cured using ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen. The advantage of natural remedies for hormonal acne is that they do not have any side effects and will not cause any damage to your skin. In fact natural or home remedies for hormonal acne help in giving you a much smoother and glowing skin.
Easy Home Remedies
Here are some simple home remedies:
- Garlic: Garlic contains active sulphur and is known to have many medicinal qualities and is found to be very effective as a home treatment and to prevent hormonal acne. You can either crush the garlic and apply the pulp on the acne affected area and rinse after 5 min with water or you can eat one garlic clove every day.
- Almond oil: Almond oil is another natural ingredient that contains antioxidants and is used to cure hormonal acne, Almond oil helps soothe the skin and give it a smooth and natural glow.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek contains antioxidants that will help minimize the inflammation caused due to acne. You can crush the fenugreek leaves and apply the pulp on the affected are, rinse the face mask with warm water after 30 minutes.
- Lemon juice: lemon is known to be an effective anti oxidant, you can apply freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with rosewater on the affected area and leave it for 30 minutes and then wash with water.
- Neem leaves: Neem has been used for ages an effective cure for various disease. The neem leaves are found to be very effective in fighting bacteria and infections and are very effective in curing hormonal acne. You can apply a paste made from neem leaves on the affected area and then rinse with water after 30 minutes.
- Cinnamon powder: Cinnamon powder is found to have ant oxidizing properties and is also a very effective natural remedy for hormonal acne. You can mix the cinnamon powder with honey and apply the paste on the affected area, rinsing with water after 30 minutes.
- Sandalwood powder: Sandalwood paste is known to effectively cure hormonal acne while giving your skin a natural glow. You can mix sandalwood powder with rose water and apply it to the effected are of the face or back. This paste helps cure the acne and cleanses the skin.
- Basil leaves: You can rub the basil leaves on the affected area and rinse with water. Basil leaves can also be eaten as a cure for hormonal acne.
Tips to prevent hormonal acne
While you can use these home remedies for hormonal acne, it is very important that you follow some simple tips to ensure that your skin remains acne free.
- Avoid using oily or greasy makeup.
- Always clean your makeup before going to bed.
- Follow a healthy diet; avoid junk food, oily or fatty food and food high in sugar.
- Eat food that is high in fibre.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Regularly wash your face with a soothing face wash.
Following these simple tips will help you keep acne at bay or prevent it from reoccurring.