Home Remedy Tips for Cystic Acne
Cystic acne is a very painful acne condition that is mostly seen to affect teenage boys and young men, It is characterized by outbreaks of large red lumps that may be swollen and filled with pus. Once a person is affected with cystic acne it is found to be hard to cure the condition adding to the aggravation felt by the person. It can wreck havoc on ones skin turning health skin into skin covered with red inflamed bumps.
While there are several over the counter medications that are available in the market to counter cystic acne, you can also try out homemade remedies to treat cystic acne. It has also been seen that natural homemade treatments for cystic acne are more effective than conventional over the counter medication.
The most common cause of cystic acne is blocked skin pores due to excessive oil secretion, dead skin, dust and bacteria. Cystic acne is also seen to be hereditary, if your parents suffered from cystic acne, chances are that you too can suffer from the condition. Some other causes of cystic acne are stress, hormonal changes due to puberty, menstruation and pregnancy, excessive washing of skin, squeezing pimples etc.
Home remedy tips
One of the biggest benefits of natural or homemade remedies for cystic acne is that they are not harsh on the skin and do not cause any damage to the skin unlike other medications.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is known to have many medicinal purposes and rubbing aloe Vera juice on the acne cysts is known to help soothe the skin and help in healing the cysts.
- Egg White: Applying egg whites on the acne cysts helps in healing the acne.
- Baking Soda and Sea Salt: Baking soda and sea salt mixture helps in healing cystic acne, you need to mix baking soda and sea salt and apply it on the cysts, you need to ensure that ths treatment is limited to one or twice in a week.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Applying apple cider vinegar on the acne cysts helps stabilize the ph balance of your skin and prevents any further acne outbreaks.
- Honey and Aspirin: You can use a mixture of aspirin and honey mixed with water to treat acne cysts, you can also use honey as a moisturizer as it has antibacterial properties in it.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice mixed with water is known to help cure cystic acne.
- Mango’s & oranges: Fruits and vegetables that are yellow in color are known to have properties that help in curing cystic acne, You can create a paste out of the fruit and apply on the acne cysts as it helps open blocked pores and gives your skin a natural glow.
- Cabbage poultice: A poultice created by heating cabbage leaves and used as a hot compress can effectively help in curing cystic acne.
- Warm water:- soak a clean cloth in warm water and place on the skin affected with acne for about ten minutes, this helps in reducing the swelling by removing the pus from the cysts.
- Potato slices:- you can use potato slices for curing acne by placing the potato slices on the cysts. Place the potato slices on the affected area for 30 minutes and then rinse with warm water
- Tea tree oil: you can use tea tree oil on the affected area to treat cystic acne.
Tips to help prevent and reduce cystic acne.
Following some simple tips and steps can help prevent cystic acne or help reduce the outbreak of acne cysts.
- Reduce Sweating: excessive sweating causes the skin pores to block up and get clogged, you should avoid situations which will lead to excessive sweating or avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Avoid oily or greasy makeup: using cosmetics that are oily or greasy can aggravate cystic acne or cause acne as the skin pores get blocked with these makeup products.
- Do Not Squeeze: Most important tip to preventing cystic acne is that you should not try and break or squeeze the acne cysts. Squeezing these cysts can cause scars that are permanent.
- Cleaning makeup: You should clean your makeup using a milk based cleanser before you go to bed, Cleaning off your makeup helps avoiding your pores from clogging up. Avoid using harsh astringent based cleansers as they are harmful for the skin.
- Cleansing your skin: You should wash and cleanse your skin gently, avoid using soap on your skin as it dries your skin. You should wash the affected parts of your skin a couple of times a day.
When dealing with cystic acne it is very important that you pay attention to what you eat, as food plays a major role in formation of acne. It is important that you eat healthy food, avoid fried or deep fried food, eat a diet that is high in fibre, fruits and vegetables; also ensure that your diet is rich in vitamins like A & E as they help in treating cystic acne. You should avoid eating food high in sugar and ensure that you drink plenty of water daily.